Following extensive consultation with data providers and users, a new system of data access controls for the NBN Gateway will be released in October 2012. The current system has remained largely unchanged for over ten years, so this is a significant development and we are providing help and advice to ensure a smooth transition.
There has been a lot of communication about the proposed changes over the past year. We have now created a new web page to bring all this information together in one place to help you understand what the changes are, how they will affect you and whether you need to do to anything to prepare for them.
The key changes are:
• Removal of the “view only” control
• Improved data download functionality including whole dataset downloads
• Only two possible levels of access – ‘public’ and ‘full’
• Greater flexibility in granting enhanced access
• Better feedback for data providers
Please visit the new Data Access Controls web page for more information, and please do contact us on firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions.